top of page
Our priority is the health and wellbeing of our guests as well as our guides and their families. We have put these measures in place as directed by the New Zealand government to keep everyone as safe as possible. We are recognised as Covid clean by Qualmark. During all levels Crater Rim Walks staff will continue to clean all surfaces at the start and end of each trip and offer hand sanitiser to passengers.
LATEST TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS IN NEW ZEALAND
For up to date information on border restrictions in New Zealand, keep an eye on the NZ Unite Against Covid website.
We want to reassure all customers that we will fully refund or offer to reschedule all bookings when we are unable to operate due to COVID-19 alert level. This also includes any bookings from customers who are prohibited from travel due to Covid. If you feel unwell the day of travel, or have been in contact with anyone who has Covid within two weeks prior to departure we ask that you call to re-schedule your walk.
COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Travellers are required to produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on all of our guided walks. Your guide will need to see proof of vaccination before your walk departs. Please ensure you have a copy of your vaccine certificate with you. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons, please get in touch with Nicole (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your health and safety is our top priority, therefore we will be undertaking the following:
1. Increased cleaning and disinfecting - We clean all touchpoint surfaces such as car door handles each day. All equipment ie. walking poles will be disinfected after each use. People are encouraged to bring their own walking poles, backpacks, and drink bottles where possible. Hand sanitiser will be carried by the guide and available throughout the day.
2. Personal hygiene and well-being - We ask that people with a fever or any flu-like symptoms do not participate on our guided walks. All of our guides have a high standard of personal hygiene.
3. Contact tracing - Contact details are collected at the time of booking. When bookings are taken by an agent we ask that contact details be provided for our records.
4. Protective gear - You are welcome to wear a facemask, although we do not require you to when we are outside. Please let us know if you would prefer your guide wears a mask.
5. World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines - We take additional measures to adhere to the latest hygiene practices, and suggest our guests follow the hygiene guidelines including the regular washing of hands. Hand sanitiser will also be readily available on your trip. Our processes will be updated based on the latest guidelines.
Please refer to the World Health Organisation (WHO) or the New Zealand Covid-19 website for any additional guidelines.
If you have any safety concerns about your time with us, please get in touch by email or phone. We will review your concerns which will ultimately help us run a safer operation.
NZ COVID TRACER APP
The NZ Covid Tracer app helps you protect yourself and the community by enabling faster contact tracing.
Download the app before you travel to New Zealand so you’re ready to start tracking the places you visit.
We require 48 hours' notice for a cancellation for bookings of 1 - 4 guests. For group bookings of 5 or more guests, we require 7 days' notice. If cancellation is made within this time frame you will receive a refund less any expenses incurred.
GET IN TOUCH
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch - email@example.com or +64 21 280 3350.
bottom of page